所属成套资源:全套2023届高考英语二轮复习读后续写学案
2023届高考英语二轮复习读后续写语言描写2学案
展开
这是一份2023届高考英语二轮复习读后续写语言描写2学案,共36页。
高中英语读后续写素材大全
第六部分.语言描写(二)
语言描写7
明喻修辞格(1)
表“好像··.;似乎··..·”之“like+宾语十宾补”和“like+ n.”
1.I was fast asleep when suddenly my bed began shaking and I heard a strange sound, like a railway train passing my window.
我睡得正酣,正在这时我的床开始晃动,我听到一种奇怪的声音就像一列火车正从我的窗外驶过.
2. The old pine tree still stood there like an umbrella covering the entrance of the cave.
这颗老松树依然耸立在那,像伞一样盖住了洞穴.
3. He began his new life like an old tree blossoming again.
他开始新生活就像古树又开了花.
4.Her eyes are big and bright like jewels set in.
她的一双眼又大又明亮,如同镶嵌着的宝石.
5.The thunder sounded like a bomb exploding on the roof of the house.
雷声听起来就好像炸弹在房顶上爆炸似地.
6.He saw me like a mouse seeing the cat, running everywhere to hide.
他看见我就像老鼠见了猫似的,到处躲藏.
7.I was chased by people like a rat crossing the street.
我就像过街的老鼠似的,被人追着打.
8.He cheered up like a naughty monkey jumping without stop.
他高兴起来就像一只顽皮的猴子似的,蹦跳个不停.
9.She was like a bee trapped in a room, seeing the sunlight outside but unable to fly out.
她好像圈在屋里的一只蜜蜂,看着外边的阳光却飞不出去.
10.Sometimes I feel like a bird in the cage, and coming here is what sets me free.
有时我觉得自己像是一只在笼子里的鸟,而来到这里让我感到自由.
11.Everyone has his own strengths and weaknesses. lf we are blind to it, we are like a snail crawling slowly alone without knowing what is happening around us. Thus, we are more likely to be left behind and ruled out of the fierce competition.
一人都会有优缺点.如果对此视而不见,像蜗牛向前慢爬一样对周围发生的一切一无所知,那样,我们就很可能落在后面并被激烈的竞争淘汰.
12. At first he drove like a snail and now how he is dashing along!
一开始,他车驾得跟蜗牛一样,现在他又一路猛冲!
13.The moon of the Lantern Festival is like a mirror, lighting up the ground.
正月十五的月亮就像明镜似的,照得大地一片光明.
14.The summer sun is like a magic wand, madly parching the earth.
夏天的太阳就像着了魔似的,疯狂地炙烤着大地.
15. The storm is dying out like the tide down.
暴风雨消退就如同潮汐落下.
16.Mary is smiling like a flower out.
玛丽笑起来如同一朵盛开的鲜花.
17. She dashed to the station like an arrow from a bow.
她像离弓之箭冲到车站.
18. He worked out the problem like a duck to water.
他轻而易举就把难题解开了.
19. Sarah took to teaching like a duck to water.
莎拉教起书来驾轻就熟.
20. He shouted at me like an angry lion.
他像一头发怒的狮子冲着我叫嚷.
21. She works like a horse all day long.
她整天辛辛苦苦地干活.
22.We ran like the wind.
我们跑得飞快.
23. I heard the key turn in the front door and I was out of bed like a shot.
听到钥匙在开前门的声音,我立即从床上起来了.
24.He walked trembling just like a thief.
他走路鬼鬼崇崇的,就像做贼似的.
25. Grandpa happily wandered about like a child.
爷爷高兴起来就像一个孩子似的,乐呵呵地转悠着.
26. As I drove home I sobbed like a baby.
开车回家时,我哭得像个婴儿.
27. The cat darted out of my room like (greased) lightning; something must have frightened it badly.
猫飞快地冲出我的房间,一定是什么东西把它吓坏了.
28. The news hit them like a thunderbolt.
这个消息犹如晴天霹雳使他们大为震惊.
29. Network culture, which is like a double-edged sword, has double effects.
网络文化是一把双刃剑,具有双重效应.
30.Suddenly another thought went through Kate's mind like an electric shock. An express train was due to go past about 30 minutes later.
突然凯特犹如被电击一样,他想到30分钟后会有一辆特快火车经过(该危险地方).
31.She looks shy like an angel.
她看起来像天使般腼腆.
32.Blonde-haired,blue-eyed and beautiful, she sang like a little angel and impressed everyone.
她有金色的头发,蓝色的眼睛,很漂亮,天使般的歌声让每一个人着迷.
33. You'd better make your own decision; don't follow your friend like a sheep.
你最好自己做出决定,不要盲从你的朋友.
34.I have gone out of the way like a wandering sheep.
我像一只迷途的羔羊.
35.I kept closing the gap between my car and my brother's truck, inching toward the reassuring glow of the taillights like a frightened sheep following a shepherd.
我尽量缩小与弟弟的卡车的距离,缓缓地移动,盯住他的尾灯,心中才略有一丝安慰,就像一只吓坏了的小羊紧跟在羊倌的屁股后面一样.
36. I'm hungry like a wolf stalking in the forest.
我饥肠辘辘,像头穿行在森林里寻找猎物的狼.
37. Abruptly, the door was broken into. The German soldiers flooded in like fierce wolves.
突然门打开了,一队德国士兵像恶狼般扑进来.
38. Every day of my daughter's high school life has been a struggle. She wakes up in the morning and the thought of going to school-sometimes even the thought of going outside-is like a huge mountain to climb.
我女儿的高中生活每一天都很艰辛.她早上起来想到上学,有时甚至想到出门都像爬一座高山.
39.You stand there and you wave like blazes to make sure they've seen you.
你要站在那儿拼命挥手,以确保他们看到你.
40.“Cautious” is a description that certainly fits the new president like a glove.
用“谨小慎微”来形容新会长很恰当.
41. The sky above was gray and the air seemed too thin to breathe. Everything here looked like a completely dead lake!
头顶上的天空灰蒙蒙,空气似乎稀薄得难以呼吸.这儿的一切看起来像死湖!
42. Disappointment hit her like a ton of bricks (very heavily, very severely).
她大失所望.
43. When I watch scary movies, I shake like a leaf.
每次看恐怖电影时,我都吓得浑身发抖.
44.He forgot the umbrella this morning, caught in the rain like a drowned rat.
今天早上他忘记带雨伞了,被淋得像落汤鸡似的.
45. She is like a butterfly. She fits in and out of people's life.
她像一只蝴蝶,在人们的生活中穿梭.
46.The photos and the video spread like wildfire on the Internet, stirring huge waves of controversy.
这些照片和视频在互联网上迅速传播,激起了一波波巨大的争议.
47.The news of assassination of President Lincoln spread like wildfire.
林肯总统被刺杀的消息不胫而走.
48.Sometimes mean words are just like the sharp knives, stabbing into people's hearts. Even if we apologize, the pain will still exist like the broken mirror.
有时候刻薄的话就如尖刀刺伤人们的心,纵使道歉,疼痛如破镜也难以愈合.
49.It was a perfect marriage. They got on (with each other) like a house on fire.
这是一场美满的婚姻,两口子很快就如胶似漆.
50.She ran like the clappers down the hill.
她飞快地跑下山.
51.She was so worried that she looked like a cat on hot bricks.
她心急如焚,就像热锅上的蚂蚁.
比较:They are on pins and needles, not knowing what to do.
他们如坐针毡,不知道做什么好.
I am so nervous, I feel like I have ants in my pants!
我紧张得像热锅上的蚂蚁!
52.It struck me like a blow when I saw his initials in black pen on the legal document which sold my house to another family.
当我看见他用黑笔签文件把我的房子卖给别人时,我感觉就像当头挨了一棒.
53.Everything was great when houses were selling like hot cakes and their values go up every month.
当房屋畅销时所有的一切都是美好,它们每月增值.
54.The whole plan worked like a dream (work very well).
整个计划像梦一样奏效.
55. The last few years have been like a bad dream.
这几年好像是一场凄楚的梦.
56.In broad daylight the events of the night before seemed like a bad dream.
在光天化日之下,前一天晚上发生的事情看起来像是一场噩梦.
57. He stood helplessly, like a lost soul.
他束手无策地站着,活像丢魂似的.
58. Don't pretend you're telling the truth-I can read you like a book.
别假装自己在讲真话,我早把你看透了.
59.He knew the area like a book.
他对这地区了如指掌.
60.A few bad words or a couple of “horror stories” will spread like wildfire.
有几句坏话,或一对夫妇的“恐怖故事”将不胫而走.
61.There was an outbreak of chicken pox at my son's school which spread like wildfire until nearly half the children caught it.
我儿子的学校里突然爆发的水痘像野火般迅速传开来,差不多有一半的孩子染上了.
62.Nobody who comes to this club is allowed to behave like a prima donna.
加人这个俱乐部的任何人都不许自以为是.
63.It must feel like a slap on the face.
这一定是一种被人打了耳光的感觉.
64.1t was like a slap in the face -a wake up call.
它就像是在我脸上闪了一巴掌似的唤醒了我.
65. The goal was like a cold bucket of water over my head, but thanks to my teammates we got back on track and I really must thank them.
那个进球仿佛一盆冷水浇在了我的头上,但感谢我的队友让我们回到正确的轨道上,我必须要真诚地感谢他们.
66.For the first few years after he died, I couldn't even bear to look at anyone's garden without having strong memories pour over me like cold water from a bucket.
父亲去世后的最初几年里,每当我看见别人的花园时,对他的幕幕回忆就像一盆冷水浇在我的头上.
67.Books on the Royal Family are selling like hot cakes.
有关皇室的书卖得正火.
68.Those candies are going like hot cakes; they'll be sold out soon.
那些糖果成了热销货,它们很快就要卖完了.
69. They will never be able to save money to buy a new house-they both spend money like water.
他们将永远积攒不起钱来买新房子-他们花钱如水.
70. Mary's thin old hands flew up to her face in a gesture of wonder and joy, then flew out hungrily like a starved child taking bread. Mary grabbed the red purse. She held it for a moment, just to see it, then pressed it to her breast, rocking it like a baby.
玛丽瘦削的老手扑到脸上,表示惊奇和高兴,然后像一个挨饿的孩子吃面包一样饿着冲了出去.玛丽抓起红色的钱包.她拿了一会儿,只是想看看,然后把它按在胸前,像婴儿一样摇摆.
71. The fear surrounded me like a devil's frozen, sharp hands. I struggled to adjust my mood but I couldn't.
恐惧就像恶魔冰冷、锋利的手包围着我.我努力调整自己的情绪,但我做不到.
72.I was the only one in uniform and I stood/ stuck out like a sore thumb.
我是唯一一个穿制服的人,我很扎眼/招眼.
73. Islands are scattered all along China's coastline like stars in the sky.
中国沿海岛屿星罗棋布.
74. At the party, I felt like a fish out of water in my shabby clothes.
晚会上,我穿着寒酸的衣服感到很不自在.
75.I don't like to dine out with Mum and her friends because I always feel like a fish out of water in their company.
我不喜欢和妈妈及她的朋友一起出去吃饭,和她们在一起,我总感到不舒服.
76. This occurred like clockwork about every half hour until sunrise.
就像上了发条似的,这声音每半个小时响一次,一直持续到天亮.
77.The Queen's holiday is arranged to go like clockwork, everything pre-planned to the minute.
女王的假期安排得井井有条,所有活动都已提前把时间精确计划好了.
78. The sports day went like clockwork, with every race starting and finishing on time.
运动会进展顺利,所有赛事都准时开始,准时结束.
79. Rose arrives every Monday morning just like clockwork.
罗斯每周一早上都如约而至(非常准时).
语言描写8
明喻修辞格(2)
表“好像··.·.;似乎..”之“as if/as though+主语十宾语...”
1.She cried as if the world came to an end.
她哭得好像世界的末日来临了.
2.I shrugged, as if to say “Why not?”
我耸了耸肩,仿佛想说“为什么不?”
3. He always knew what time it was, as if by instinct.
他总能知道几点了,仿佛是出于本能.
4. You'll feel as if you were at home while here.
让你感觉到这儿就好像到了自己家一样.
5. The girl listened as if she had been turned to a stone.
女孩一动不动地倾听着,似乎已经变成一块石头.
6.He paused as if (he was going) to let the sad memory pass.
他停了下来,好像要把悲伤的记忆抹去.
7. He looked about as though (he was) in search of something.
他四下张望,好像寻找什么.
8.He paused as if (he was) expecting Tom to speak.
他停了下来好像期望汤姆说些什么.
9.He acts as if (he was) a fool.
他做事像个傻子.
10.He stared at me as if seeing me for the first time.
他目不转睛地看着我,就像第一次看见我似的.
11.They completely ignore these facts as if they never existed.
他们完全忽略了这些事实,就仿佛它们不存在似的.
12.Don't think that you alone can do everything while others can do nothing, as if the earth would stop turning without you.
不要总认为只有自己才行,别人什么都不行,好像地球没有你就不转了.
13. She felt as though (she was) hardly able to endure such a life.
她觉得她简直无法忍受这样的生活.
14.He made that remark as if (he did it) absently.
他好像是漫不经心地说了那句话.
15. She loves the boy as if she were his mother.
她爱这男孩,就好像她是他的妈妈一样.
16.The man sitting opposite me smiled dreamily as if remembering something pleasant in the past.
坐在我对面的男人梦幻般地笑着仿佛想起了什么.
17. He ran as if ghosts were chasing him.
他跑得好像鬼在追逐他.
18.He walks as if(he were/is) drunk.
他走路像喝醉了似的.
19.She looks as if (she were) ten years younger.
她看起来好像年轻了十岁.
20.It seemed as if the night would never end.
夜似乎没有尽头.
21.The two strangers talked as if they had been friends for years.
两位陌生人聊天就好像他们是多年的老朋友.
22. He rushes out as if to meet some important person.
他冲出房间,好像要去迎接某个重要人物似的.
23. You speak as if you were God.
你说话的样子就好像你是上帝似的.
24. He stood as if (he was) rooted to the ground.
他站着一动不动好像粘在地上.
25. The child talked to us as if he were a grown-up.
那孩子跟我们谈起话来,像个成年人似的.
26.I made a fierce countenance as if to eat him alive.
我恶狠狠地拉起脸来,仿佛要把他活生生地吞下去.
27. Mrs. Smith felt as if she could hardly breathe.
史密斯太太感觉几乎不能呼吸了.
28. She felt as if every drop of emotion had been squeezed from her.
她觉得自己的激情似乎已经榨尽了.
29. I had no idea where to go, feeling as if I were deaf and blind and stupid. I began to panic.
我不知道该去哪里,觉得自己又聋又瞎又蠢.我开始惊慌失措.
30.With his suitcase gone, he felt as if it were the end of the world, not knowing what to do.
他的手提箱不见了,他觉得好像世界末日了,不知该干什么.
31. I felt as if my world was falling apart. My heart ached for that part of me that was slipping away.
我觉得我的世界好像崩溃了,原本属于我生活的一部分正在远去.
32. I feel as if I had wakened from a nightmare.
我觉得好像刚从恶梦中醒来.
33. I felt as if I had stumbled into a nightmare country, as you sometimes do in dreams.
我感到自己无意中来到了梦魇中的世界,就像你有时在梦中所经历的那样.
34.Tears welling up in his eyes, he tried to hold it back but in vain. He took a final look at the fish as if he was waving goodbye.
泪水涌上他的眼睛,他试图把它抑制住但徒劳无功.他最后看了一眼那条鱼,仿佛在挥手告别.
35. To my surprise, he gave me a strange look as if I had grabbed his food. Then he stood up irritatedly.
令我惊讶的是,他奇怪地看了我一眼,好像我抢了他的食物.然后他愤怒地站了起来.
36.I asked him if my work was done. The moment I uttered the words, I felt as if a bomb had fallen on him. He shouted,“ Nothing is done, It will take time!”
我问他我的工作是否完成了.当我说出这些话的时候,我觉得好像有炸弹落在他身上.他喊道:“什么都没做.这需要时间!”
37.I was panicking, my heart was racing, and tears started to pour out of my eyes as if my eyes were a tap being turned on.
我惊慌失措,心跳加速,泪水开始从我的眼眶里涌出,我的眼睛就好像是被打开了的水龙头.
38.I was so shocked and terrified that I felt as if I was having a heart attack.
我感到震惊和恐惧,好像我心脏病发作似的.
39. They looked at me as if I had taken leave of my senses.
他们看着我,就像我已经疯了一样.
语言描写9
明喻修辞格(3)
表“像……;如……”之“as…as”
as mad as a wet hen
非常生气
as merry as a cricket
非常快乐
as mild as a lamb
非常温顺
as lively as a cricket
极其活泼
as sound as a bell
十分健康
as mute as a fish
默不作声
as quiet as a mouse
鸦雀无声
as nice as pie
讨人喜欢
as welcome as flowers in May
极受欢迎
as nimble as a squirrel
非常敏捷
as quick as a flash
快如闪电
as easy as ABC/pie/falling off a log
探囊取物(不费吹灰之力)
as pale as a ghost/ashes/death/sheet
面无人色
as red as a rose
脸色红润
as poor as a church mouse
一贫如洗
as proud/vain as a peacock
非常高傲
as stiff as a poker
生硬刻板
as stubborn as a donkey/a mule
非常固执
as hard as nails
铁石心肠
as silly/stupid as a goose
非常愚蠢
as brave as a lion
非常勇敢
as timid as a hare/a rabbit
胆小如鼠
as busy as a bee
极其忙碌
as fresh as a daisy
精神饱满;充满活力
as restless as an ant on a hot pan
像热锅上的蚂蚁
as regular as clockwork
非常有规律
as cool as a cucumber
泰然自若
as strong as a horse
强壮如马
as cunning as a fox
像狐狸一样狡猾
as cheerful as a lark
欢呼雀跃
as light as a feather
轻如鸿毛
1.“I'm telling on that kid!"Lucky interrupted. He charged off, his face as red as cranberry sauce.
“我要告发那个家伙!”卢克插话道.他猛冲着离开,脸红如红莓酱.
2.I held it there thinking until my fingers turned as cold as the ice.
我把它握在手里思考着,直到五指冰冷.
3. My wife gets as mad as a wet hen whenever l come home late.
每当我晚归时,我的太太就非常生气.
4.She is as mild as a dove.
她很温和.
5. A charming girl should be as sound as a bell, as merry as a cricket and happy-go-lucky every day.
魅力女生应该每天身体健康,开心快乐,无忧无虑.
6. Even when he was in hospital, he stayed as lively as a cricket.
他即使住院也非常活泼.
7. The friends stood all this while as mute as fishes.
几个朋友这时都始终站在一旁,一声不响.
8. He was sitting upright, as stiff as a poker.
他正襟危坐,纹丝不动.
9. He is as nice as pie this afternoon.
他今天下午特别讨人喜欢.
10.The boy is as nimble as a squirrel.
男孩非常敏捷.
11. He turned as pale as a ghost when he saw his injured leg.
当他看到他受伤的腿时,他的脸一下子变白了.
12. Mr. Jones is as poor as a church mouse, but he is as honest as the day is long.
琼斯先生虽然一贫如洗,但为人非常正直.
13. The boy was as proud as a peacock when he showed me his new football boots.
那男孩给我看他的崭新足球靴子时得意极了.
14. My brother said his classmate Helen was as vain as a peacock.
我兄弟说他的同学海伦像孔雀一样虚荣.
15. As quick as a flash, he chopped off the turtle's head.
一瞬间,他就把乌龟的头砍了下来.
16. She blushed as red as a rose with shame.
她因羞愧脸红得像朵玫瑰花.
17.The fat fellow is as stupid as a goose.
那个胖家伙蠢得像猪一样.
18.It's useless to persuade him, he is as stubborn as a mule.
劝他是没用的,他非常固执,就像骡子一样.
19. The little girl is as timid as a hare, shy in the presence of strangers.
这小姑娘胆子特别小,怕人.
20.My mother is as busy as a bee.
我的妈妈像蜜蜂一样忙.
21. We called on my parents-in-law completely unannounced and they made us as welcome as the flowers in May.
我们根本没有通知就去拜访了我的岳父母,结果他们非常欢迎我们去.
22. He may be small and not very strong, but he's as brave as a lion.
他个子或许矮小,身体也不够强壮,但非常勇敢.
23. She crept upstairs, (as) quiet as a mouse.
她像耗子一样悄悄爬上楼去.
24. They are merciless, with hearts as hard as nails.
他们冷酷无情,铁石心肠.
25.I always feel as fresh as a daisy after a shower.
我淋浴后总觉得精神焕发.
26.Solving this math problem is certainly as easy as ABC.
解答这个数学问题当然轻而易举.
27. He was waiting for the results of the elections, restless as an ant on a hot pan.
他等着选举的结果,就像热锅上的蚂蚁.
28. The boss is as regular as clockwork in his business.
老板做生意极守规律.
29.Some people are bored with their as-regular-as-clockwork jobs.
有些人对非常有规律的工作感到厌倦.
30. She used to come here every Saturday evening as regular as clockwork.
她过去每逢星期六的傍晚必来此地.
31.The little baby rabbit was as light as a feather in her hand.
这只小小的幼兔在她手里像羽毛一样轻.
32. The old man became as cheerful as a lark when he heard that his grandchildren were coming for a visit.
老爷爷听说他的孙子孙女们要来他家里玩,简直高兴极了.
33. Be careful about doing business with Mr. Reddy. He's as cunning as a fox.
跟雷迪先生做生意要多加小心,他十分狡猾.
34.I'm sure he is fit for the work. He's as strong as a horse.
我相信他适合这个工作.他强壮如马.
35. We must keep as cool as a cucumber in an emergency.
我们要在危急时刻保持镇定自若.
36.She walked in as cool as a cucumber, as if nothing had happened.
她泰然自若地走进来,好像什么都没发生一样.
语言描写 10
暗喻修辞格
动物
1. He's a snake in the grass. While pretending to be your friend, he was slandering you behind your back.
他是个暗敌,表面上装作是你的朋友,背地里却在诽谤你.
2. That snake in the grass cheated me of my money.
那个口蜜腹剑的家伙骗了我的钱.
3.Don't shed crocodile's tears over his failure. I know very well that you detest him and are so happy to see him fail.
我知道你很讨厌他,你见他失败很开心.所以不要对他的失败假同情了.
4. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, outwardly kind but inwardly vicious!
他是个披着羊皮的狼,外貌仁慈,内心狠毒!
5. There seemed to be butterflies in my stomach, when the speech competition started.
演讲大赛开始的时候,我的心里非常紧张,七上八下的.
6. On the first day of my first grade, I stood by the door with butterflies in my stomach. I voiced my biggest concern to my mother,“ How will I make friends?”
上一年级的第一天,我站在门口心里七上八下,向母亲表达了我最大的担忧:“我如何交朋友?”
7. He doesn't have an idea of his own. He just parrots what other people say.
他没有自己的观点,只会鹦鹉学舌.
8. I must blame myself because we were cat's-paws.
我必须自责,因为我们受人利用.
9.I am afraid that he is making a cat's paw of you.
我怕他在利用你.
10. The stupid fellow never realized that he was a mere cat's paw in the hands of his enemy.
这个笨蛋从未意识到他只不过是掌握在敌人手中的一个工具罢了.
11.You can't make me your cat's paw to pull your chestnuts out of the fire.
你们不能把我当成你们的工具,替你们火中取栗.
12.Now that he has beaten the champion, Paul thinks he is the cat's whiskers.
保罗打败了冠军,他以为自己了不起.
13. He thinks his new pocket television set is the cat's whiskers and is always talking about it.
他认为他的新微型电视机妙极了,因而他总是挂在嘴上.
14. It's a cat-and-mouse game to him, and I'm the mouse.
在他看来,这是个猫捉老鼠的把戏,而我就是老鼠.
15. He was forced to play a tense cat-and-mouse game with the snipers.
他被迫同狙击手玩了一场紧张的猫捉老鼠的把戏.
16. Don't think you'll beat him easily. He may be a dark horse.
不要以为你会轻而易举地胜过他,他可能是出人意料的高手.
17. He's a bit of a dark horse: he was earning a fortune, but nobody knew.
他可算是藏龙卧虎:赚大钱,但没人知道.
18. I did not know that James could paint. He's such a dark horse.
我不知道詹姆斯会画画,他真是不显山露水啊.
19. The men's team of Portugal have showed once again that they might really be a dark horse.
葡萄牙男队再次证明了他们可能真是黑马.
20.They were defeated only because of the Trojan horse in their country.
他们战败的原因只是因为他们国内有暗藏的敌人.
21. With shrinking markets, it's dog eat dog for every company in this field.
由于市场的萎缩,这些公司展开了你死我活的竞争.
22.It is very much dog eat dog out there.
那儿的竞争异常残酷.
23.New York is a dog-eat-dog society.
纽约是一个人吃人的社会.
24. We are operating in a dog-eat-dog world.
我们是在一个残酷竞争的世界里立足.
25.No child wants to play with a dog in the manger.
有哪个孩子想和占着茅坑不拉屎的人一起玩.
26. If you don't know how to skate, why not give the skates to me? Don't be a dog in the manger.
你又不知道怎么溜冰,为什么不把冰鞋给我?不要占着茅坑不拉屎.
27.In the middle of the picnic, it started to rain cats and dogs, and everybody got soaked.
野餐进行中,突然大雨倾盆,每个人的身上都湿透了.
28. Don't make friends with such a sly fox. Such friendship is false.
不要同这种狡猾的人交朋友.这种友谊是假的.
29.You can't trust him, he's a sly old fox.
你不能相信他,他是一只狡猾的老狐狸.
30. Don't you know the crushed worm will turn? Why are you so lacking in vigilance?
你不知道困兽犹斗/兔子急了也咬人吗?为什么这样麻痹大意?
31. If you are rude to him all the time, sooner or later, the worm will turn.
假如你一直对他不礼貌,迟早他会生气的/老实人被逼急了也要反抗的.
32.She said her teacher was a cold fish.
她说她的老师是个冷酷无情的人.
33. She is such a green-eyed monster that she is always jealous of other people's achievements.
她这人有红眼病,一见到别人的成就就妒忌.
34. When John's brother got the new bicycle, the green-eyed monster made John fight with him.
约翰的兄弟得到一辆新自行车,妒火使得约翰和他打了起来.
35.The green-eyed monster made her suffer when she learnt that you had moved into a socially better neighborhood.
听说你搬进了社会地位较高的人居住的住宅区,她嫉妒得不得了.
36.Every time this guy visits me, one of my books disappears. I don't want to say he steals them, but I really smell a rat.
这个人每次来我这儿时我都丢一本书.虽然我不想说他偷我的书,但确实觉得不对劲.
37.If I don't send a picture, he will smell a rat.
如果我不寄出照片,他将有所察觉.
38.Though Lloyd Georg’s behaviour seemed curious, Haig still did not smell a rat.
尽管劳埃德·乔治的行为古怪,但黑格仍然没有任何怀疑.
39.She will come to your birthday party when pigs fly.
她是不会来参加你的生日聚会的,除非太阳从西边出来.
40.He will speak good English when pigs fly!
他能把英语说好才怪呢!
41.You sound like you have a frog in your throat this morning.
你今天早上听起来声音有点儿嘶哑.
42.1 feel like I'm getting a frog in my throat when I have to speak in public.
当要在公众前演讲时,我就觉得喉咙有点嘶哑.
43.Indeed,the extra burden of TB may prove to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
事实上,结核病带来的额外负担可能被证明是压垮骆驼的最后一根稻草.
44.When he told me the difficult job had to be finished by noon, it was the straw that breaks the camel's back.
他告诉我这件困难的工作要在中午前完成,这可实在让人难以承受.
45. What? She slapped you? She looks as if she wouldn't hurt a fly.
什么?她扇你耳光了?她看起来连蚂蚁都不敢踩.
46. You can't really tell if it's him or not...And besides, he wouldn't hurt a fly.
你真的无法确定是不是他·.··而且,他连只苍蝇都不忍心伤害.
47. Why do you have ants in your pants today? You can't sit still for one second.
你为什么今天坐立不安呢?你连坐一秒钟都不行.
48. You seem to have ants in your pants.
你看上去心神不安.
49. I'll never buy a car, for it's only a white elephant to me.
我决不买汽车,因为它对我只会是一个累赘.
50. Each holiday for me seemed like a white elephant, a thing which can't make people excited.
每一个节日对于我来说都如同鸡肋,令人提不起劲.
51. His newly employed woman servant was extremely lazy and ate a lot, no more than a white elephant.
他新雇来的女佣人懒得出奇,饭量倒很大,真是一个无用而又累赘的东西.
52. The boy showed no interest in music. The grand piano they had bought for him was nothing but a white elephant.
那个男孩对音乐没有兴趣.他们为他买的大钢琴成了多余的东西.
53. Their son is a cheeky little monkey!
他们的儿子是个冒失的小淘气鬼!
54.I'll take the expensive fishing rod. My wife will be mad at me no matter how much I spend, so I might as well be hung for a sheep for a lamb.
我要买昂贵的鱼竿.不管我花多少钱,我妻子都会生我的气,因此干脆一不做二不休.
55. I knew I was going to get into trouble for being late as it was, so I figured I might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb.
我知道我会一如既往因迟到有麻烦,所以与其偷羊羔被绞死不如偷只羊.
56. His corporate's life will be as short as a rabbit's tail.
他的公司的寿命是兔子尾巴-长不了.
57.We were having a picnic, when suddenly there came a downpour, which was rather a fly in the ointment.
当我们正在举行野餐的时候,忽然大雨倾盆,这简直是大煞风景.
58.Another hotel seems to be a fly in the ointment, blocking part of the beautiful ocean view.
美中不足的是有另外一家旅馆挡住了部分美丽的海景.
59.I find the house wonderful, but there is a fly in the ointment. It is too far from the town.
我觉得那所房子非常好,但是有点美中不足,就是离市区太远了.
人类
1.My remarks about divorce had unwittingly touched a raw nerve.
我关于离婚的言论无意间触到了别人的痛处.
2. No wonder the absence of a Chinese team in the WorldCup has touched a raw nerve.
中国队缺席世界杯触痛了他们的神经,这就不足为奇了.
3. If you think there's a difference, you need your head examined.
如果你认为有区别,那你的脑袋就出问题了.
4. You drove at ninety miles an hour on that road! You need to have your head examined!
你竟然在那条路上以每小时90英里的速度开车,看来该检查检查你的脑子了.
5.Words of course cannot heal a wound of this sort.
安慰的话语当然无法治愈此类的痛苦.
6. From now on I'll do a favor for myself. Unload the burden. Forget the pain, heal the wound.
从今开始,我要帮自己一个忙.放下包袱.忘却疼痛,抚平创伤.
7. Courts have been reluctant to reopen old wounds by trying crimes that are decades old.
法院不愿重揭旧伤疤,去审理几十年前的罪案.
8. He looked completely down and out.
他看上去已穷困潦倒.
9.Would you love me if I was down and out?
如果我倒下了或者出局了,你还爱我吗?
10.The California earthquake left many people down and out.
加利福尼亚洲的地震使许多人(变得)穷困潦倒.
11.Being able to walk to work is an added bonus of the new job.
能够步行去上班是这份工作额外的好处.
12.Changing trains with all that luggage was a real hassle.
带着那么多行李换乘火车真是件麻烦事.
13.The homework load of Spanish children has long been a sore point with some parents, who argue that the burden is too great, places too much pressure on pupils and eats into family time.
长期以来,孩子的作业负担一直是一些西班牙父母的心头之痛.他们提出,过重的作业负担给孩子们造成了巨大压力,侵占了他们的家庭时间.
14. It's a sore point with Sue's parents that the children have not been baptized yet.
孩子们至今未受洗礼,这是苏的父母的一件伤心事.
15.Bringing up a family when you're unemployed is no picnic.
失了业还要抚养孩子可不是一件容易的事.
16. Once I said when my basketball career ended, it was just a comma rather than a full stop. Now the day comes, but I don't leave basketball, my life is still continuing.
我曾经说过有一天我的职业篮球生涯结束了,我希望它只是逗号,不是句号,今天这一天终于到来了,但是我没有离开心爱的篮球,我的生活还在继续.
食物
1. His snide remarks about the winners are nothing but sour grapes.
他对获胜者的尖刻评论只不过是狐狸的酸葡萄而已.
2.He said he didn't want to marry her, but that's just sour grapes.
他说不想娶她,不过是吃不到葡萄反而说葡萄酸罢了.
3. Of course, such a conceited person is going to have some sour grapes after losing.
想也知道,那么自负的人在输了比赛之后总是会有些酸葡萄心态嘛.
4. Her remarks were a typical case of sour grapes.
她说的话是典型的酸葡萄心理.
5.She told me the whole story from soup to nuts.
她把事情的来龙去脉都告诉了我.
6.They supply the fisherman with everything from soup to nuts.
他们为捕鱼者提供全套器具,样样齐全.
7. You can get anything you want in that big new department store since they sell everything from soup to nuts.
由于那家新开的百货公司出售的东西包罗万象,因此,你能买到自己想要的东西.
8.You'll learn all about construction loans, from soup to nuts.
你会学到所有关于建设贷款的东西,一应俱全.
9.You are the apple in my eyes.
在我眼中你最珍贵.
10.The workers with these skills and the ability to “market” them internally, are the apple in the eyes of the firm.
有这些技巧和市场能力的员工是公司最青睐的人群.
11. Don't think this job a piece of cake. You'll have to rack your brains once you start on it.
别以为这工作是易如反掌的事,你做了就知道它是很伤脑筋的.
12. As you can imagine, the trip is no piece of cake.
正如你所能想象的那样,这次旅行绝不是小菜一碟.
13.I'd advise you not to associate with him, he's a bad egg.
我奉劝你不要和他交往,他是一个卑鄙小人.
14. He used to play the roles of bad eggs but this time a good egg.
他以前一般都扮演反面角色,这次却演了一个正面角色.
15.They were greatly disappointed, for their scheme turned out to be a bad egg. We were appalled at the prospect of having to miss our holiday.
计划最终失败了,他们大失所望.我们为失去这一假日而感到大失所望.
16.I was sandwiched between two fat men on the bus.
在公交车上我在两个胖子之间被夹成了三明治.
17. You're too old to be given a job. That's a bitter pill to swallow.
你年龄太大了,没人愿意再给你工作.这是你不得不接受的现实.
18.The defeat was a bitter pill to swallow.
失败是难以下咽的苦药.
物品
1.The knowledge we have is just a drop in the bucket.
我们所拥有的知识不过只是沧海一粟.
2. Do you think you are just a drop in the bucket on Taobao.com?
淘宝用户千千万,是不是有一种沧海一粟的感觉?
3.A year later, Wright waved a white flag and implemented softer reforms.
一年后,莱特不得不做出让步,推行更为柔和的改革.
4.He had to show the white flag at the end of the debate.
辩论到最后他只好认输.
5. Money may bring you happiness, but sometimes it is a Pandora's box.
金钱可能给你带来了快乐,但有时候它也是灾祸之源.
6. The plan, which seems so promising, turned out to be a Pandora's box.
看起来如此有希望的计划,结果却是一个带来不幸的潘多拉盒子.
7.Scientific inventions can benefit mankind; on the other hand, they sometimes might open Pandora's Box.
科学发明可以造福人类,但另一方面,它有时也可能给人类带来无穷的灾祸.
S. His name rings a bell but I can't think where we met.
他的名字听着耳熟,但我想不起我们在哪里见过.
9.Justin told me I had met his sister before, but her name doesn't ring a bell.
贾斯汀告诉我,我之前曾见过他的姐妹,但是我对她的名字没有印象.
10.Celebrating failure seems to let people off the hook for bad behavior.
庆祝失败似乎可以让那些因行为不当而失败的人摆脱困境.
11.She tried to get off the hook by blaming me.
她试图把责任推给我来摆脱困境.
12.As soon as he sees her smile he knows he is off the hook.
一看到她的笑容,他就知道他没事了.
13.When you started your first job, you had to adjust to your new co-workers, and you also had to rely on them to show you the ropes, answer your questions and support your efforts.
当你开始第一份工作的时候,必须学会怎样与同事相处.同时你要努力尝试让他们给你指点迷津,解决你的问题,给你提供一些帮助.
14.Once you learn the ropes, you'll find it easy.
你摸到门道就觉得简单了.
15. It took me several weeks to know the ropes in this office.
过了几星期后我才熟悉了这个办公室的情况.
16.Don't spare the rod in school because you may spoil the child.
在学校不能省掉鞭子,因为孩子会被宠坏.
17.Should parents spare the rod and spoil the child? Opinions concerning strict parental discipline vary widely.
家长应不应该闲了棍子,惯了孩子?针对严厉的家教的看法大相径庭.
18.She was blissfully happy until one day, suddenly, the bubble burst.
她欢天喜地,直到有一天,欢乐突然成了泡影.
19.I got a second audition for the role in the movie, but it really burst my bubble when I didn't get the part.
我得到了电影中那个角色的二次面试,可当最终没有得到那个角色时真是(觉得)梦想破灭了.
20. The joke, which 1 thought would make her laugh, proved a damp squib.
我本以为这笑话能博得她一笑,结果却毫无反应/不过是一枚哑炮.
21.After all that media attention, the whole event turned out a bit of a damp squib with almost nobody attending.
媒介对此事都十分关注,而结果是因为几乎无人参加而使整件事泡了汤.
22.A time bomb blew up in a bus. The police blocked up the street and boldly rescued the passengers aboard who were bleeding.
一颗定时炸弹在公共汽车上爆炸,警察封锁了街道,勇敢地抢救车上正在流血的乘客.
23. And we are sitting on a time bomb with ageing populations and too many people out of work.
同时,我们正坐在一颗定时炸弹上,人口老龄化以及失业人口过多.
24.The young man was a walking time bomb.
这个年轻人是一颗活动的定时炸弹.
25. This proposal is a political time bomb that could cost the government the next election.
这个议案是政坛的一颗定时炸弹,足以使现任政府输掉下次竞选.
26. The issue is a political time bomb waiting to explode.
该问题是颗尚未爆炸的政治定时炸弹.
自然物
1.Unless we're all a lot more careful, the people who have died so far will be just a tip of the iceberg.
除非我们都加倍小心,否则死者的人数会比现在多得多.
2. A sharp rise in the number of suicides is just the tip of the iceberg.
自杀率的急剧上升只是冰山一角.
3.His work has been going downhill recently.
他的工作最近一直在走下坡路/每况愈下.
4.The news of his death came as a bolt from the blue.
他死亡的消息好似晴天霹雳.
5.He needs to marry a down-to-earth person who will organize his life for him.
他需要娶个讲求实际的/脚踏实地的人做妻子,好为他安排生活.
6. We are still very much in the dark about how the money was lost.
钱如何丢失的我们仍然一无所知.
7. You have kept us totally in the dark about what happened that night.
那天晚上发生的事你把我们蒙在鼓里了.
8. The investigators admit that they are completely in the dark about the killing.
调查人员承认他们对这起谋杀一无所知.
9. Being new here, I'm very much in the dark myself!
我刚来,真是丈二和尚摸不着头脑!
10.Fate has offered him a windfall.
命运给他带来了意外之喜.
11.The money that my great-uncle left us was certainly a windfall.
我的大叔留给我们的钱无疑是天上掉下来的馅饼.
12.Life is an unexplored river, full of twists and turns, great beauty and dangerous surprises.
生活是一条未经探索的河流,充满曲折、美丽和危险的惊喜.
13. The children had a field day because their father had played with them for the whole weekend.
整个周末父亲都陪孩子们玩,他们分外高兴.
01414. The other team was helpless and we had a real field day.
对方队很弱,我们轻易取胜.
15.Now that our business is picking up, my wife is having a field day buying new things for our house.
如今我们的生意好了,我太太正心满意足地为新房子采购新用品.
16.He has a little money put away for a rainy day.
他未雨绸缪地/以备不时之需存了些钱.
17.All I can do is tell her to hold on and tell her that there's light at the end of the tunnel.
我只能告诉她要坚持,让她知道总会柳暗花明的.
18. Seeing light at the end of the tunnel, I chose to persist in writing here.
看到了一丝希望,我做出了坚持写作的决定.
19.The light at the end of the tunnel might still seem very distant and faint but this time I believe it is real.
希望之光可能仍然非常遥远和微弱,但这一次,我相信它确实存在.
20. We are here to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
曙光在即,我们终于快要熬出头了.
21.There is the light at the end of the tunnel, if you stick to the road forwards.
只要你坚持前行的道路,就会有一线希望.
建筑物
1. Work hard. Getting good grades in school is not a walk in the park. A+ Grades cannot be summoned with a flick of the wrist and poof.
努力学习吧.获得好成绩没有像公园散步那么轻松.A+的成绩不能挥一下手腕嗖地一声就召唤来.
2. You must study harder and harder, otherwise entering college may prove to be a castle in the air.
你学习必须努力,否则上大学可能是个幻想罢了.
3.Instead of working hard at her lessons, Mary spends her time building a castle in the air.
玛丽不用功读书,却花时间去幻想.
4.I'll try my best to mend fences with him.
我会尽全力与他重修旧好.
5. When my marriage ended, I felt as if I had reached a crossroads in my life.
婚姻走到尽头时,我感到我到了人生十字路口,面临重大抉择.
6.Our business is at the crossroads; if this deal succeeds, our future is assured; if not, we shall be bankrupt.
我们的商号正处在紧要关头:倘若此番交易成功,前途自无问题,否则就要破产.
7.He used his influential friends to help him get into the civil service by/through the back door.
他利用那些有权有势的朋友帮助他走后门,到政府行政部门任职.
8. The training program me is seen as a bridge between school and work.
那项培训计划被看作是学校与工作之间的桥梁.
9.Cultural exchanges are a way of building bridges between nations.
文化交流是国与国之间建立联系的桥梁.
10. We're all in the same boat, so let's not criticize each other.
我们同舟共济/处于同样(通常指不幸的)境地,别彼此责备了.
11. She and I are in the same boat: we both failed the exam.
我和她一样,考试都没及格.
12.They still lived under the same roof but they acted like two strangers.
他们还是同在一个屋檐下生活,但是他们形同陌路.
13.Happiness and unhappiness live under the same roof.
幸福与不幸生活在同一个屋檐下.
14.I may not have a job, but at least I've got a roof over my head.
我可能没有工作,但我至少还有个栖身之处.
15. Bill saw the writing on the wall and resigned his job before he was dismissed.
比尔看到了不祥之兆,因而在被开除之前他就辞去了工作.
16.Can't you see the writing on the wall. You need to get out of that business.
明摆着的事情你都看不出来.你需要从那桩生意中脱身.
17.I could see the handwriting on the wall when they called me in.
他们叫我进去时,我感到了不祥的预兆.
18.He saw the handwriting on the wall and hid himself quickly.
他觉察到形势不妙便很快地躲藏起来.
19.I destroyed the only source of income my family had. Though they survived the initial disaster, the writing was on the wall.
我毁了家里唯一的生活来源.虽然全家人熬过了最初的难关,但不祥之兆是显而易见的.
20.I'm not an “egg” any more, it's time that I left the nest.
我不再是只“蛋”了,是时候出去闯荡了.
21.Upon reaching an appropriate age, children are encouraged, but not forced, to“ leave the nest”.
到了适当的年龄,孩子们就被鼓励,而不是被强迫“离开老窝”.
22.He did all right in the oral exam, but met his Waterloo in the written one.
他口试考得还可以,但笔试一败涂地.
23.Every man meets his Waterloo at last.
人人都有受到挫折的时候.
相关学案
这是一份2023届高考英语二轮复习读后续写外貌描写学案,共23页。
这是一份2023届高考英语二轮复习读后续写语言描写1学案,共33页。
这是一份2023届高考英语二轮复习读后续写性格描写2学案,共37页。